Time: 9:00 am EDT - 11:00 am EDT
ABOUT: Hope for the future depends on reversing three disturbing trends: dangerous concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, skyrocketing rates of diet-related diseases, and rapidly vanishing natural resources, especially water. These problems have one thing in common: They can’t be solved without soil. We might take dirt for granted, but we can’t do much without it. In this briefing, experts will explain how our ability to feed the world and cool the planet depends on how we care for the soil.
- Will Allen, Cedar Circle Farm, VT
- Diana Donlon, Director, The Soil Solutions Project, Center for Food Safety
- Dr. Kristine Nichols, Chief Scientist, The Rodale Institute
- Kristin Ohlson, author, The Soil Will Save Us
- Judith Schwartz, author, “Cows Save the Planet” and “Water In Plain Sight”
- David Smith, Deputy Chief for Soil Science and Resource Assessment, Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
RSVP: Please RSVP to Alexis Baden-Mayer (alexis [@] organicconsumers.org).
SPONSORS: Organic Consumers Association, Regeneration International
CO-SPONSORS: Alliance for Natural Health, Beyond Pesticides, Biodiversity for a Livable Climate, the Carbon Underground, Center for Food Safety, Environmental and Energy Study Institute, Food & Water Watch, Friends of the Earth, Foodwaze, Future Harvest – Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture, GrassPower, International Fund for China’s Environment, Northeast Organic Farming Association-Massachusetts, Regeneration Vermont, Rodale Institute, Sierra Club Regenerative Agriculture Committee, Sierra Club Soils Committee, Soil4Climate, Soil Carbon Coalition, Soil Solutions, Weston A. Price Foundation.
If your organization would like to co-sponsor this event, please contact Alexis Baden-Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please encourage your Senators and Member of Congress to attend.