The U.S. Farmers & Ranchers for a Green New Deal national coalition views the Green New Deal not as a partisan political initiative, but as a framework for transformational policy reform, across all sectors of the U.S. food and farming system.
The coalition supports policy reforms that expand economic opportunities for farmers and ranchers whose practices and businesses:
- combat climate change by reducing emissions and drawing down and sequestering carbon
- contribute to a clean environment and restore natural habitats
- provide access to locally produced, contaminant-free, nutrient-dense food
- help build and support resilient local and regional food systems and economies
- provide safe working conditions and living wages for farm workers
The coalition is committed to working with Congress to ensure that farmers and ranchers have a seat at the table when it comes to defining and finalizing the specific policies and programs that will form the basis for achieving the goals outlined in the Green New Deal Resolution.… Read more here