The 25th VT Grazing and Livestock Conference goes Virtual! You won’t have to miss a thing. All sessions available for 6 months of viewing.
About this Event
25th Annual Vermont Grazing & Livestock Conference
As Above, So Below: Taking stock of what we see to care for all we grow.
Join our enthusiastic group of farmers and agricultural resource providers for a deep dive into topics specific to raising pasture-based livestock in the Northeast.
Agenda Details: (subject to change/substitutions/additions)
Thursday, January 14
- Easing the Pinch Points of the Slaughter Sector Discussion – Panel
- What does it take to Build Your Grass Finishing Program – Mike Baker
- Creating and Marketing a Standard Cut Sheet – Matt LaRoux
- Farm Management Teams Opportunity – Jake Jacobs
Friday, January 15
- Tips and Tricks to Fix Your Electro Net – David Kennard
- Whole Farm Revenue Protection – Direct Markets – Jake Jacobs
- Using Your Soil Analysis Results – Laura Johnson and Margaret Borders
- Using Your Forage Analysis Results – Richard Kersbergen
- Hypes and Gripes of Guard Animals – Farmer Panel
- Farming along side the Northeast Coyotes – Chris Schadler
- Keynote Lecture/Discussion – Nicole Masters – agroecologist, systems thinker, author, and educator
Saturday, January 16
- Grazing Fundamentals Q&A – Sarah Flack
- Practical Pasture Management Assessment – Juan Alvez
- Silvopasture Q&A – Steve Gabriel
- Why You Need Insects to be a Successful Grazier – Dr. Ryan Schmid
- 4 Season Water Innovations – Farmer Panel
- Keynote Lecture/Discussion – Dr. Jonathan Lundgren – agroecologist, entomologist, Director ECDYSIS Foundation, and CEO for Blue Dasher Farm
The weekend highlights plenty of new ideas to take home and ruminate on as you plan for the 2021 season.