Thursday 25 February, 7–8.30 pm
Trees are an effective tool for a variety of purposes in any farm design, whether you are managing a lot of hectares or a small homestead. Join Rosa Bevan and James Reid, from small farm and market garden Tap o’ Noth, Aberdeenshire, and arable farmer Roger Howison, of 537-acre Parkhill Farm in Fife, to find out how trees are helping them achieve their goals. Discuss:
- Why you should consider trees in your farm design
- The main challenges when including trees, and how to overcome them
- How to plan, fund and establish trees in different-sized farms
- What big farms can learn from smaller farms and vice versa
- How trees could work on your farm (Q&A).