SAI Platform’s Regenerative Agriculture Programme is hosting a webinar, open to all members, in partnership with Ksapa. The focus will be on engaging smallholders in regenerative agriculture.
Smallholders tend to the land in increasingly complex contexts. Climate change and increasing regulatory and buyers expectations all contribute to making their work more challenging. They are, nevertheless, the last and most isolated link in the value chain and are ill equipped to address these increasingly pressing demands.
Lessons learned from the ground up show that regenerative projects can prove effective on a targeted perimeter but tend to struggle to achieve scale and cover entire value chains.
The webinar will explore smallholder challenges and those encountered when deploying value chain programmes. We will draw insights and learnings from KSAPA programmes in Indonesia.
· Introduction to the session and presenters
· Challenges faced by smallholders and challenges faced in engaging them
· Overview of Sutti as Farmer centric approach
· Overview of Sutti as a hybrid approach combining traditional & digital engagement
· Overview of Sutti financial modelling for scaling
· Q&A & concluding remarks