This unique workshop is for any farmer who is concerned about current trends such as an increasing reliance on inputs as prices rise, declining soil health, increased variability in productivity and climate, and crop risk.
This online course will include 8 live weekly sessions focused on how to profitably transition towards a cropping system that improves soil health and returns, with lower risk. The workshop is not about providing a recipe or a single solution, but rather focuses on outcomes and how you can introduce alternative approaches into your existing cropping program. We will cover:
- Soil microbiology – what practices give us a healthy balance between physical, biological, and chemical elements
- The 6 RCS Soil Health Principles – what are they and how do you put them into practice?
- Challenging assumptions – Roundup, the valley of death, and eliminating inputs
- How to do a meaningful economic analysis of your cropping operation and machinery
- How to assess and minimise risk in your cropping program
- What is the first step,and can be done now on your place?