We are delighted that Patrick Holden, CEO of the Sustainable Food Trust, will be joining The Harmony Project’s Director of Education, Richard Dunne, for a discussion around the importance of learning about sustainable food systems from a young age, set within the context of the bigger question: ‘What is the purpose of education?’
During the first half of the session, Patrick and Richard will explore the following key questions in relation to Nature’s principles of Health, Diversity, Interdependence, Cycles and Oneness:
1. What should children learn about the health of soil?
2. What role can farmers play in improving biodiversity?
3. What should children learn about a sustainable diet?
4. What is the difference between organic and conventional farming?
5. Should we encourage children to eat less meat?
In the second half of the event, Patrick and Richard will respond to questions from the audience.