For farmers, service providers, and soil health enthusiasts: A full day of learning from farmers and other experts about latest innovations in soil health and fertility
Read the full schedule on our website here.
- Sol Health Guru, Ellen Polishuk, Plant to Profit
- Carbon Sequestration and Grain Farming Systems Trial Research, Dr. Emmanuel Omondi, Rodale Institute
- Delmarva’s Soils, James Brewer, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Delmarva Farmer Panel: Implementing Soil Health Best Practices
- Dr. Arthur Allen, UMES Soil Science Research and Programs
In-Depth Afternoon Breakouts
- In-Depth Soil Test Analysis with Bill McKibben, Head Agronomist at Logan Labs
- Planting Green with Adam Snyder of Harborview Farms
- Highboy Air Seeder Presentation with Sussex Conservation District’s Debbie Absher and Daniel Hudson
- Soil Health Tools with University of Maryland Extension Specialists Nevin Dawson and Dr. Sara Via
- Mushrooms and Microbes with Mark Jones, Sharondale Farm
- Open Farmer-to-Farmer Notice Board
- Nutrient Management Credits
- Certified Crop Advisor CEUs
- Soil & Ag Service Tradeshow
- Extended Speaker Q&A
- Networking Opportunities
The Delmarva Soil Summit precedes the annual University of Maryland Eastern Shore Small Farm Conference, held this year on November 2-3, 2018 in the same location. A bundled, discounted ticket package for the Delmarva Soil Summit and Small Farm Conference can be purchased hereat a discounted rate, saving you $20 total on both events!
Delmarva Soil Summit tickets are $35 for FHCASA Members and $45 for non-members. A light breakfast and lunch are included.