The Farmer Scientist Network would like to invite you to an open session to explore on-farm challenges and opportunities in adopting Regenerative Agricultural practices.
This is a chance for farm businesses, researchers, and regional stakeholders with an interest in Regenerative Agriculture to gather, make new connections and learn about the challenges and opportunities ahead as we strive for sustainable food production while tackling the challenges of climate change.
The event aims to:
- Understand the basic principles of Regenerative Agriculture
- Learn from farmers who have successfully adopted new practices.
- Hear about the opportunities and challenges within industry and how they are being addressed.
- Bring like-minded farmers, researchers, and stakeholders together to enable new connections.
Prof Robert Edwards, Chair, Farmer-Scientist Network
- Sophie Throup, Head of Agriculture, Morrisons
- James Standen, Farm Director, Newcastle University Farms
- Mike Powley, Arable and Livestock Farmer, Yorkshire
- Nick Padwick, Farms & Estate Director, Ken Hill Estate, Norfolk
Further speakers to be announced.
Followed by a ‘How to’ panel discussion on Regenerative Agriculture led by Dr Pippa Chapman and Dr Ruth Wade, The University of Leeds.